Thursday 2 April 2009

Championship Predictions

As I'm sure you're all aware the Pilgrims are in a bit of a precarious position at the minute... Not good. I've had a look at the weekend's fixtures and thought I'd offer my thoughts on what will happen to the teams around Argyle at the weekend, fingers cross they get the win at Bloomfield Road and the results elsewhere won't matter so much.

Southampton Vs Charlton

This one shouldn't matter that much to be honest, Charlton are already gone and it looks as if the Saints will be going into administration - a ten point deduction should kill off their hopes of survival. Charlton have looked a bit better of late, but not much better and I think the home side will just nick this one. Prediction: 2-1

Barnsley Vs Nottingham Forest

If only both teams could lose! This is a derby of sorts and Barnsley seem to do quite well against their local rivals (they've beaten both Sheffield Wednesday and United this season). Home advantage should spur the Tykes on and I think they'll add to Forest's woes. Prediction: 1-0

Norwich Vs Sheffield Wednesday

Wednesday haven't won in five and have been inconsistent all season. Norwich are a fairly poor side but Wednesday are absolutely abysmal away from home. This is a tricky tie to call and I'll definitely be leaving it off my betting slip but too hazard a guess it could well end in a draw. Prediction: 2-2

Derby Vs Burnley

Derby are still just about in it, though I doubt they'll get relegated. If you still do fancy them to go down I reckon you'll get fairly good sports betting odds on it but I think they're just about safe. All that could change though if Forest, Argyle and Norwich all win on Saturday so I thought I might as well offer my prediction anyway. I've rated Burnley this season and Owen Coyle is turning into a decent manager. I expect the Lancashire side to continue their promotion push at Pride Park with a fairly comfortable win. Prediction: 0-2

Doncaster Vs Watford

Like Derby I think both these teams are just about out of it. Donny have lost their last three but they were against Birmingham, Reading and away at Coventry, none of which are easy ties. Other than Charlton I think Watford have the worst away form in the league and Donny should see off the Hornets in this encounter. Prediction: 1-0

No comments: