Wednesday 18 June 2008

Oh my Goodness! A Signing!

Jason-PuncheonWhat? Argyle have actually signed a player. Jason Puncheon becomes the only addition to the squad so far this summer after he signed from Barnet for £250,000 in a 2 year deal.

Puncheon has been at Barnet since 2006 and made 42 starts for the Bees in the 2006/07 season and made 48 appearances last season scoring 11 goals.

Without doubt it is a little relief that a player has come in after all the departures (and potential departures), but it doesn't really go far enough considering the very small nature of the squad. Additionally Sturrock has once again looked at lower league players who do not have Championship experience. But at the moment, anyone is welcome to sign!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Good day,

Just browsing you blog, i'm impressed.

I have a blog set up http://dundeeunitedfc.blogspot.com/

As you can tell, a Dundee United blog.

In view of the links between the clubs (your manager The Legend Paul Sturrock) and our up coming friendly, I was wondering if you would maybe consider a link up?

If you don't mind, I would like to put a link up on my blog, as I know a lot of our fans follow your teams results (myself included)

Let me know and feel free to have a look around my blog.